SPACERS FOR PERMEABLE PAVING
Coopers Road, Southwark, London
Peabody’s Community Development Team worked with the Local Authority to regenerate the Coopers Road Estate, to include building new Rental, Shared–Ownership and Private properties. Focus has been placed on providing good quality communal landscaping with a level 4 development code for sustainable homes.
To create a paved walkway for pedestrian and service vehicle access that met the requirements of SuDS Legislation, using paving units specified by the Architect that were not SuDS specific.
SuDSFLOW spacers were used to create an exact 10mm joint width between the blocks & flags, then the joints were filled with 2-6mm washed aggregate. This allows rainwater to infiltrate directly into a suitable sub-grade allowing it to attenuate before release, thus meeting SuDS regulations.
- Turns modular paving units into a permeable system by opening the joints
- Helps to prevent movement over time
- Specification no longer restricted to purpose made permeable pavers
- Clean and controlled water discharge
- CASE STUDY
- Project Name: Coopers Road, Southwark, London
- Client: Peabody Housing Association
- Contractor: Graham Construction Ltd
- Project Area: 500m²
- Products Used: Breccia Bianco 210 x 210 x100mm
- Date: March 2015
- Download PDF
SuDSFLOW is protected by GB Patent no. 2318453.4