SPACERS FOR PERMEABLE PAVING
Manchester Metropolitan University
The SiteManchester Metropolitan University is creating a truly modern campus in the heart of Manchester. The development of the estate supports the University’s academic ambition, with a new state-of-the-art building for the Faculty of Science and Engineering, which will provide additional teaching, research and landscaped green spaces.
The ChallengeTo create several paved communal areas in-line with the University’s Sustainable Road Map to 2030 and Leadership in Sustainability Strategies.
The SolutionA permeable paving system was installed using SuDSFLOW spacers. The spacers provided an exact 10mm joint width, which not only enhanced the aesthetics but also provided a source-controlled method of absorbing rainwater into the sub-base to prevent run-off into streets and drains.
- Modifies standard paving units to create a permeable system by opening the joints
- Controlled water discharge
- Accepts rainwater permeation over the entire area of use
- Allows free draining of surfaces
- CASE STUDY
- Project Name: MMU Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Client: Manchester Metropolitan University
- Contractor: QED Construction Ltd
- Project Area: 2300m²
- Products Used: Kellen Paving Units 300mm x 100mm x 80mm
- Date: January 2023
- Download PDF
SuDSFLOW is protected by GB Patent no. 2318453.4