SPACERS FOR PERMEABLE PAVING
Canalside, Sheerwater Regeneration, Woking
Canalside is a significant phased regeneration project in Woking, Surrey. Upon completion the scheme will deliver double the number of homes from the current 570 to around 1200. The old 1950s housing will be replaced with a range of high-quality new homes for rent and sale that are energy efficient. Also included is the creation of new parkland, play and leisure space, new community facilities and retail spaces.
The homes that line the rain garden pedestrian streets will collectively form the side ‘walls’ of this linear garden, which required a permeable paving solution.
A permeable paving system was installed using SuDSFLOW spacers. The spacers provide an exact 10mm joint width between paving units thereby allowing modular paving to be incorporated into the permeable paving system when combined with a suitable sub-base.
- Accepts rainwater permeation over the entire area of use
- Helps to prevent movement over time
- Specification no longer restricted to purpose made permeable paving units
- Clean and controlled water discharge
- CASE STUDY
- Project Name: Canalside, Sheerwater Regeneration, Woking
- Client: Thameswey Developments
- Contractor: Life Build Solutions Ltd
- Project Area: 5500m²
- Products Used: Marshalls Brownridge Sandstone / Scoutmoor Yorkstone 600 x 400mm
- Date: September 2023
- Download PDF
SuDSFLOW is protected by GB Patent no. 2318453.4