SPACERS FOR PERMEABLE PAVING
Qatar Public Realm Street Scape
The site required permeable paving for residential streets in Qatar.
To find a permeable surface that would support rainwater harvesting in a climate where drought is commonplace.
A permeable paved solution was created by using SuDSFLOW 10mm spacers between the paving blocks and joints filled with 2-6mm washed aggregate. A 250mm buildup of large aggregate compacted with geofabric and again a washed 2-6mm stone laying course below the paving blocks.
This system allows rainwater to infiltrate directly into the sub-grade allowing it to attenuate before being stored for landscape irrigation.
- Specification no longer restricted to purpose made permeable pavers
- Helps to prevent movement over time
- Controlled water discharge
- SuDSFLOW spacers carry a 25-year guarantee
- CASE STUDY
- Project Name: QPR Street Scape
- Client: Public Realm, Qatar
- Contractor: Proscape LLC, Doha
- Project Area: 3300m²
- Products Used: Concrete Block Pavers (without nibs)
100 x 200 x 100mm
- Date: August 2015
- Download PDF
SuDSFLOW is protected by GB Patent no. 2318453.4